Thursday, June 28, 2007

Flowered Up: Weekender

I just encountered a significant music VDO that dates from when I was in my mid 20's and I just had to write something quick about it.

The group was Flowered Up and the song was Weekender. It was a song that spoke about the nothingness I felt then and the ways I and my friends went about trying to forget what we felt inside.

I didn't hear anything more from Flowered Up after this song. Who cares this was their seminal moment and the VDO spoke directly to me and captured everything that was wrong in my life at the time.

I once met the main lead at a party once, Lee something, suffice to say he really didn't need to do that much acting for this VDO and Helen I still don't know how you could have just returned it without taking a bit out for all of us!

Click here for something more intellectual and deep about this VDO

No comments: