Tuesday, April 10, 2007

little things in life...

Life has a way of throwing of throwing you a curveball from time to time (excuse the slipping into sad cliches but it is the end of the night and i just wanted to share before going to bed) This time though the bases were loaded in the bottom of the ninth and the curveball was called a ball four. (i promise that is the last baseball reference)

Anyhow my Mom had been going on about some chocolates that were in the fridge that my Dad had been given by a friend. So i went to the fridge and there sitting on the shelf in the fridge were two square boxes, wrapped immaculately as only the japanese can do, and emblazened across the top of the box were the words Royce



Well i opened the box and laid out in the tray were neat rows of rectangle blocks covered in chocolate powder, included in the box was a neat little pick cum knife, which i used to spear one of these chocolate pieces up and slipped into my mouth.



That events was two days ago, ever since i have been walking around with a little smile on my face as i knew that at anytime i could go down to the fridge and have my choice of either "cherry marnier" or "caramel" flavoured slices of heaven.


Now like all good things they have come to an end, they are all gone but my world is brighter with the knowledge that these little scrumptious treats exist but even more than that that there is a shop in Bangkok that sells them too! Thank god! or I and mine would be spending weekends yo-yo-ing between Bangkok and Singapore coming back with a little square box tucked under our arms on the return leg.



My new slice of heaven.

I started off with baseball cliches and to provide this scribble with a bit more gravitas and depth I am going to steal the words of another to illustrate what i was trying to convey.

Life has its own hidden forces which you can only discover by living. - Soren Kierkegaard (1813 - 1855)

BTW In case your wondering Tommi also discovered a bit about living!

2 comments:

The Negotiator said...

Yes, yes yes... We see that it looks really really good. You also mentioned something about it being available in Bangkok???

SOOOOOOOOOOO?????

JWBunny said...

The chocs are finished! My birthday is coming up, why did nobody get my big hint?